Mount Hakodate (函館山, Hakodateyama) is wooded mountain at the southern end of the peninsula. Mt. Hakodate is one of Japan’s top three scenic spots Together with Mount Inasa in Nagasaki and Mount Rokko in Kobe. This mount located in the center of Hakodate with 334 meters high overlooking the bay. Before the sun fall. Mount Hakodate has free admission fee about 1,280 yen (round trip) for adult and child about 640 yen (round trip). Opening hours is 10.00 am – 22.00 pm.
If you come to Hakodate and do not forget to visit the beautiful view. In addition to the view that there is also a souvenir shop and the restaurant offers a full view of the city.
Coordinates: Mt. Hakodate Ropeway at 19-7 Motomachi, Hakodate-shi, Hokkaidō 040-0054 Japan and telephone number is +81 138-23-3105. @ https://goo.gl/maps/uefNBGvq7c82
How to get there:
- Take tram 2 or 5 from Hakodate-Ekimae Station to Jujigai Station, then take a 6 -10-minute walk up the hill to the top of the hill.
- Hakodateyama Ropeway Station is located in the Motomachi area of Hakodate Station. Take the tram down to Jujigai Station (5 minutes, 210 yen). Continue for about 10 minutes.
- Hakodate Bus (10 minutes 230 yen) from Hakodate Station
- Round-trip cost 1,200 yen One way 660 yen (5-10 minutes each) Open from 10: 00-22: 00 (mid-October – late April, open until 21:00)
- From Hakodate Station Hakodate bus to Hakodate (30 minutes one way 400 yen). Day ticket can be used every 20 minutes. Late April – Mid November
- Have a car to reach the summit. Available in range Mid April – mid November It will be closed during the period from 17:00 to 22:00.